Geoffrey P. Luke
Assistant Professor of Engineering
Assistant Professor of Engineering1-603-646-0204
- BS, Computer Engineering and Mathematics, University of Wyoming 2007
- MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Wyoming 2009
- PhD, Electrical Engineering, The University of Texas at Austin 2013
Ultrasound imaging; photoacoustic imaging; bionanotechnology; cancer diagnostics and therapy; molecular imaging
Current Research Projects
- GP Luke and SY Emelianov, “Label free detection of lymph node metastases with ultrasound-guided functional photoacoustic imaging,” Radiology, (Published online).
- GP Luke, JN Myers, SY Emelianov, and KV Sokolov, “Sentinel lymph node biopsy revisited: ultrasound-guided photoacoustic detection of micrometastases using molecularly targeted plasmonic nanosensors,” Cancer Research, volume 74, issue 19, 2014.
- S Kim, Y-S Chen, GP Luke, and SY Emelianov, “In-vivo ultrasound and photoacoustic image-guided photothermal cancer therapy using silica-coated gold nanorods,” IEEE Trans. Ultrason., Ferroelectr., Freq. Control, volume 61, issue 9, 2014.
- GP Luke and SY Emelianov, “Optimization of in vivo spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging by smart optical wavelength selection,” Optics Letters, volume 39, issue 7, 2014.
- AS Hannah, GP Luke, KA Wilson, KA Homan, and SY Emelianov, “Optically-triggered vaporization of ICG-loaded perfluorocarbon nanodroplets for enhanced ultrasound and photoacoustic imaging,” ACS Nano, volume 8, number 1, 2014.
- GP Luke, A Bashyam, KA Homan, S Makhija, Y-S Chen, and SY Emelianov, “Silica-coated gold nanoplates as stable photoacoustic contrast agents for sentinel lymph node imaging,” Nanotechnology, volume 24, number 45, 2013.
- GP Luke, SY Nam, and SY Emelianov, “Optical wavelength selection for improved spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging,” Photoacoustics, volume 1, issue 2, 2013.
- GP Luke, DY Yeager, and SY Emelianov, “Biomedical applications of photoacoustic imaging with exogenous contrast agents” Annals of Biomedical Engineering, volume 40, number 2, pp. 422-437, 2012.
- S Kim, Y-S Chen, GP Luke, and SY Emelianov, “In vivo three-dimensional spectroscopic photoacoustic imaging for monitoring nanoparticle delivery.” Biomedical Optics Express, volume 2, issue 9, 2011.
- S Mallidi, GP Luke, and S Emelianov, “Role of photoacoustic imaging in cancer detection, diagnosis, and treatment guidance,” Trends in Biotechnology, volume 29 issue 5, 2011.
Imaging Technique Identifies Early Metastasis in Lymph Nodes
May 20, 2015